Tuesday 22 May 2012

Thing

It was a "nothing"

How do I know it was a "nothing"?

Because that "nothing" first sweeps you off your feet
It makes you believe everything is possible

You feel happy, so then you believe in it
You take courage and fight all those around you
All those who don't understand you, can't understand you, won't understand you
Who can't comprehend the magnitute of this uniqueness that you are living

And it did all feel right, the words and the actions
Until the moment came for me to choose
To choose to transform our "nothing" into "something"
Suddenly I realised I had to confront myself, not him...I couldn't
So I changed and I became "something", "something" else

And then I saw it
The resentment in his eyes
The pain that was to be inflicted upon me

And it hurt me.
It still hurts me because I know now it was not real pain
It was "nothing"

The pain is still here with me, because in all of this
I was the fool thinking that it was "something"
My actions speak for themselves
His words might have been stronger than mine
But I did hear long ago what his actions truly said

But I have made my choice and I am alone
And I do admit that this also hurts me

But I prefer to be alone in the "nothing" that I create, because it is truly mine
It will take time but I will transform it into "something"
And this "something" will be true and pure
It will trully be mine

No comments:

Post a Comment